Located at 75 kilometers south of the Brisbane, Southport was a commercial and an administrative center towards the northern end of its city of the Gold Coast. It is situated right behind an impressive waterway known as the Broadwater which, in turn, is sheltered from an ocean with it long and sandy “The Spit” that extends almost up to the southern on its tip of the south Stradbroke Island. A small area of its opening in between The Spit and Stradbroke Island forms its opening on Broadwater where it boasts the best marina, Sea World, and the Sheraton Mirage Hotel.
Prior on the arrival of all the Europeans, this area was then well utilized by most of the Aborignal tribes who fished, lived, and used the place like Coonera being the site for any initiation ceremonies. This coastline was traversed by Captain Cook during 1770, John Oxley during 1799 and also in 1802, and, of course, the opening of Broadwater was in 1822 through John Bringle. There was a white settlement during 1840s and an agriculture during 1860s. The American Civil War then created opportunities for cotton-growing during those times, though sugar was grown during the late 1870s. The first white settlers was took root at the place during 1869 and then the current town site was again surveyed in 1874. It was then named Southport after a town in Lancashire.
The following are the best scenery people can view at the Southport, Queensland:
- Main Beach with The Spit. Included views here are: Narrow Neck, Southport Surf for Life Saving Clubs, Seaworld Drive, Hollindale Park, Southport Yacht Club. To best virew some these amazing landmarks, you could always try kayak hire in Noosa.
- Sea World. It offers lots of rides, shows, many attractions like the hair-raising machine. It also has the Sea World’s Polar Bear Shores, which Ping Ping and Kanook can be found. It has also the cartoon Networks Cartoon Beach, The Power Puff Girls, the Cow and The Chicken, Dexter and the Dee Dee, Johnny Bravo and, of course, Tom and Jerry.
- The Broadwater: The Boat Ramps, Waterside Facilities, and Gold Coasts of Northern Territories. Broadwater is just a broad and large body of soft and calm water located at the mouth of the Nerang River. It is enclosed in between mainland up to the west, until the east by The Spit so with the South Stradbroke Island having the small opening in the ocean (better known as Gold Coast Seaway) that is located in between northern end of The Spit with the southern end in South Stradbroke.
- The Sanctuary Cove. Hosts an annual events like International Boat Show every May and the Classic Yacht so with the car Concourse every October.
- Located at the west of Sanctuary Cove.
- Wet’n’Wild at Water Park. The most dynamic water fun as play area all over the world having heated pools, slides and many other activities.
- Warner Bros. the Movie World. Designed to be a working studio having a large numbers of stages.
- Boat Ramps in the Inland Waterways. Lots of places to go here like Coombabah Creek, Daisy Elms Park, Coomera River, Boykambil Esplanade, etc.
If you cannot decide what to do in Southport, one of the first things you should consider is kayak hire with http://kayakhireaustralia.com.au/ —this is one on the most exciting activities around these parts.